Sunday, August 7, 2011

Happy Friendship Day


 August 7, the first Sunday of August, Friendship Day. As I am aware that the UN has declared July 30 as an International Friendship Day, but also there is a strong attachment with August as a Friendship Month, 1st week as Friendship Week and First Sunday as Friendship Day.  I do not want to replace this day with any other date.
Today I am being a little bit nostalgic. I am getting a flashback of my school and college days frequently.  I had many friends then, it’s not that they are all gone but also we hardly happened to see each other. And top of it I find it rather awkward to share everything with them as I used to do back in my college days. Maybe it’s because I have found a best among the best friend in my husband itself.


Today I posted a status on my FB addressing all my friends, the post was- Some friends are very far away, some are still in touch.  Some pretend that they do not care for me anymore and some always make sure that I am being informed how much they love me. Today is the day I must let my friends know that I love you all as usual; I care for you and it hurts when you try to ignore me. Happy Friendship day to all my friends. Surprisingly I got many ‘likes’ and some comments. And also a long mail from one of my very close friends. I am feeling good and also felt like browsing through all those old emails in my inbox. I did check some, starting with the oldest one.  As I was going through the texts I recalled all those moments which I lived through. I smiled somewhere and I was sad somewhere. It is a very good experience. I would suggest you try it once. You will feel awesome.
Stay happy…………. Keep smiling……………
God Bless


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please try to mention your actual name while leaving a comment.